Saturday, October 30, 2010

Which shall it be?

"The corporate sector remains an embarrassment for New Zealand in terms of diversity of governance, at a time when women are increasingly consumers, customers, clients, employers, employees and investors," the report says.

"It is perplexing that boardroom doors are shut to women at a time when global business requires transformation."
Yes, yes; but do you ladies really want to be on a board? If you read on, past all the complicated stuff about equality and fairness, you will discover that:




COST OF SUCCESS: FAMILY LIFE





"I had three months off. Once I got into a managerial job I knew I couldn't take any more time off [for maternity], so I made a conscious decision not to have any more children.

"I think I would have liked to have had at least another one, but you study and then you get some traction in your career ... You just have to make a decision whether you are going to take significant time out, or keep going."

Her daughter went into daycare at a carer's home after the three months of maternity leave, then to a daycare centre as a toddler.


Don't say you were not warned.

No comments: