Saturday, April 11, 2009

500

This is the 500th post. Yay me.

This sort of milestone event involving a big round number usually provokes bloggers to do something silly, like write a "why I blog" post. I am sure you will be relieved to learn that you will get no such thing from me.

That said, Dottore Tiso issued me a challenge, to read all 181 thousand results of a Google search for the phrase "why I blog." I see no such need. His initial point concerned posts entitled "Why I Blog." Google, being rather primitive in some respects, cannot distinguish between titles and text. A more subtle search engine is Exalead, which allows searches on titles only. A quick search of such produced a mere 559 results. In no time at all, my task was complete; I had read all the "why I blog" posts.

So I can now reveal to you, gentle readers, why bloggers blog.

sanity compulsion Africa words sharing company catharsis security peaches hermeneutics knitting order orchids discipline Terri safety Jesus zeal sad verklempt God hypocrisy homeschooling snuggery writing tigers life mormons craziness dog you compulsion ? ministry book therapy racism lovecat sundae sex

I could go on. I still might.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and for commenting.

Here are Dan Ackroyd's friends:

3 comments:

Giovanni Tiso said...

Congratulations, good sir.

Deborah said...

Congratulations from me too.

desert man said...

Tragically Hip, Tucson, 1992. Small club, hot date, crowded room. 2 hours of some of the best live music, sweaty dancing and ass-grinding a man could want, followed by some of the best sex (then) imaginable. I gave the night a 500 on a scale of 0-100.